ARMADA TRACE 88
After breaking resort boundaries last year, our off-piste minded TRACE SERIES is back for seconds, serving up a quiver of directional backcountry skis that might have you ditching the lift line for good.
The narrowest ski in the series, the Trace 88 is our lightweight adventurer, designed to redefine skiability in this segment. For 20/21 the Trace 88 has gotten a full overhaul, pushing it’s limits even further. We worked on the sidecut and slightly prolonged it’s radius to further add stability, we also refined the core profile for a more balanced flex pattern. Combining a narrow waist width, long radius turn shape and EST All-Mountain Rocker with a 100% Caruba wood core, the Trace 88 separates itself from the pack by it’s remarkable downhill performance.
– AR75 Sidewall:
– Caruba Core: Our lightest wood species creates the best up-hill feel while retaining the power and dampness required in descending the gnarliest of terrain. This core makes no concessions in performance in its quest to be ultra-light.
– EST All Mtn Rocker: Rocker is paired with tapered sidecuts both tip and tail provide flotation in soft snow as well as forgiveness in turn shape. Camber underfoot maintains edge-hold on the hard pack.
– Comp Series Base: Sintered UHMW polyethylene with added carbon aids in speed and durability on snow.
– 1.7 Impact Edge: 1.7 Impact Edge – Light and strong, these heat-treated edges effect the feel of the ski minimally to ensure a snappy, lightweight feel for the skis.
– Ti Binding Reinforcement:
162cm = 1125g
172cm = 1225g
Flex Index (Tip/Waist/Tail):
152cm: 113.5mm/88mm/106.5mm; 18.5m
162cm: 115mm/88mm/107.5mm; 19.5m
172cm: 116.5mm/88mm/108.5mm; 20.5m